Wednesday, November 4, 2009

"Fearless" Daily Devotional

This Daily Devotional is from Max Lucado's book, Fearless. This devotional is also posted under the Fearless book discussion.


Read Luke 12:4-7:

NIV: "I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him. Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

Amplified Bible: I tell you, My friends, do not dread and be afraid of those who kill the body and after that have nothing more that they can do. But I will warn you whom you should fear: fear Him Who, after killing, has power to hurl into hell (Gehenna); yes, I say to you, fear Him! Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? And [yet] not one of them is forgotten or uncared for in the presence of God. But [even] the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not be struck with fear or seized with alarm; you are of greater worth than many [flocks] of sparrows.


Of whom are we not to be afraid? Why not?

Whom are we to fear? Why?

What kind of fear is meant?

What reason does Jesus give for not succumbing to fear (v. 7)?

No comments: