Tuesday, October 28, 2014

10 Ultimate Truths Girls Should Know by Kari Kampakis

As a member of Amazon Vine, I'm able to review books through them, but--as I understand the terms--I'm only allowed to post my review on Amazon. Because I liked this book, I'm posting a description of the book here with a direct link to my review on Amazon.

book cover
10 Ultimate Truths Girls Should Know
by Kari Kampakis


ISBN-13: 9780529111036
Trade Paperback: 224 pages
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Released: November 4, 2014

Book Description, Modified from Back Cover:
When Kari Kampakis wrote a blog post in July 2013 titled "10 Truths Young Girls Should Know," the post went viral and was shared more than 65,000 times on Facebook. This nonfiction book for teen girls expands on these ten truths, including:

Kindness is more important than popularity. People peak at different times of life. Get comfortable with being uncomfortable-- otherwise you'll never stick to your guns. You weren't made to worship yourself. Today's choices set the stage for your reputation. Learn to listen to the whispers of God over the megaphone of public opinion.

Teen girls deal daily with cliques, bullying, rejection, and social media nightmares. Kari Kampakis wants girls to know that they don't have to compromise their integrity and future to find love, acceptance, and security. This book is filled with practical advice, loving support, and insightful discussion questions that will help young girls navigate a broken world and become the young women God made them to be.

My Review: Link to my review on Amazon.

No comments: