Friday, September 4, 2009

Book Quotes: Where Was God?

From Shame Lifter by Marilyn Hontz (page 145):

Two of the biggest questions I wrestled with as I thought back on my abuse were, Jesus, where were You? and Why didn't You intervene? Two answers have come to my heart and have helped bring peace, even though these questions cannot be fully explained. First of all, Jesus was with me. I have no question about that. He has revealed that over and over through His word, and His Word is truth. He was and is with you as well. Second, Jesus did do something. He did intervene. He died on the cross. He entered this sinful world where people have and will continue to do horrendous things and He did something about that evil. We may not see the good this side of heaven, but we will one day.

No comments: