Monday, March 14, 2022

Holy Bible ESV, Spanish/English Parallel Bible

Book cover
Holy Bible ESV, Spanish/English Parallel Bible

ISBN-13: 978-1433579660
Hardcover: 1792 pages
Publisher: Crossway Bibles
Released: January 3rd 2008

Source: Review copy from the publisher through Amazon Vine.

Book Description, Modified from Goodreads:
Spanish and English are two of the five most-spoken languages in the world. This new edition of the ESV honors the diversity and relevance of God's Word in a way that is ideal for not only native speakers of either language but also bilingual readers. This Bible positions two columns of Scripture on each page: the beloved Reina-Valera 1960 Spanish text on the left, and the ESV English language text alongside it on the right. It also features textual notes for both translations in the back, and is contained in a durable, gold-foil stamped cover.

Size: 6.5" x 9.1875"
8-point type


My Review:
Holy Bible ESV, Spanish/English Parallel Bible has two columns on each page, with the left column in Spanish (RVR version) and the right in English (ESV). The text is small and the pages so thin that the text from the other side shows through, so I sometimes have trouble reading the words (at 45 year old). The cover is (fake?) leather, the edges gilt, and there's a ribbon for marking your place, so the outside looks nice. I've been improving my intermediate-level Spanish by reading Spanish verses every day by e-mail, so I thought this would be a great way to continue that learning method. So far, it does look like I can read the Spanish and just glance over at the English when I'm not sure of a word and see what it means in English. I think both had similar translation styles and used the same text so the wording is close enough that I can use it for language learning.


If you've read this book, what do you think about it? I'd be honored if you wrote your own opinion of the book in the comments.


No comments: