Monday, January 14, 2013

Trusting the Shepherd by Haddon W. Robinson

book cover
Trusting the Shepherd:
Insights from Psalm 23
by Haddon W. Robinson


ISBN-13: 9781572930704
Paperback: 128 pages
Publisher: Discovery House Publishers
Released: June 1, 2002

Source: Bought through Half.com.

Book Description, Modified from Back Cover:
A devotional study of Psalm 23, a psalm that offers hope in a complex world. The Lord of Psalm 23 is the only one who can walk us safely through this world and into eternity.


My Review:
Trusting the Shepherd is a devotional study of Psalm 23 that is 13 sections/chapters long. Each short devotional (about 6 pages long) gave background information to the verse to help us understand how the original audience would have understood the words and then tied that into our walk with God today. The author pointed out some things that I've found to be very true but I don't hear talked about by preachers or in books, and I appreciated that. I'd highly recommend this devotional.


If you've read this book, what do you think about it? I'd be honored if you wrote your own opinion of the book in the comments.

No comments: